Gaylord Industries Mechanical Market – Limited Warranty
Effective July 6, 2020
Gaylord Industries, a division of ITW Food Equipment Group LLC ( “Manufacturer”) warrants that, for a period of one (1) year from the original date of beneficial use (Startup), or eighteen months from date of original shipment from Manufacturer, whichever occurs first (the “Warranty Period”), the equipment and any component parts provided by Manufacturer (the “Equipment”), will be free from substantial defects of material and workmanship under normal use when properly installed, operated and serviced. Aluminum, rubber and synthetic rubber parts such as “O” rings, diaphragms, gaskets and poppet checks are perishable when caustic cleaning solutions are used and, therefore, are not covered by this warranty and are expressly excluded from the definition of “Equipment.”
If Manufacturer breaches this Warranty, Manufacturer will, as Manufacturer’s sole liability and the Equipment owner’s exclusive remedy, replace any defective parts or components of any nonconforming Equipment, provided that (i) during the Warranty Period Manufacturer is promptly notified in writing upon discovery of such breach with a detailed explanation thereof; (ii) Manufacturer is given a reasonable opportunity to investigate all claims; and (iii) Manufacturer’s examination confirms the alleged deficiencies and that the deficiencies were not caused by accident, misuse, neglect, normal wear and tear, improper installment, unauthorized alteration or repair or improper testing. No Equipment may be returned to Manufacturer until inspected and approved by Manufacturer. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY, MANUFACTURER MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE). MANUFACTURER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST GOODWILL, PROFITS, SAVINGS OR REVENUES RESULTING FROM A BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY OR ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM THE EQUIPMENT.
Replacement parts furnished under this warranty shall be F.O.B. Manufacturer, Tualatin, Oregon U.S.A. The owner of the Equipment shall pay the necessary freight delivery charges, and necessary labor for removal and installation of parts, and any tariffs, duties or all taxes. Manufacturer is not responsible for any labor, including any labor related to installation of the replacement parts.
Component parts not manufactured by Gaylord Industries such as electrical switches, relays, solenoid coils, exhaust fans, etc., shall be warranted under the terms and conditions of the warranty that is published by the manufacturer of said component parts.
This warranty does not cover routine maintenance such as detergent replacement, light bulbs and UV lamp replacement, and inspection of the cleaning system as spelled out in The Gaylord Ventilator Technical Manual. This warranty also does not cover malfunctions or improper operation caused by inadequate hot water, low water pressure, fluctuating electrical power or power surges, waste stoppages, improper exhaust fan operation, or accident, misuse, neglect, normal wear and tear, improper installation, unauthorized alteration and repair, or improper testing.
Specific Items Not Covered By This Warranty
- Fan belts, if equipped with an exhaust fan.
- Pre filters, final filters, and odor control media, if equipped with odor control.
- Light bulbs and UV lamps.
Service and Warranty Policies
- This warranty is for replacement parts for the equipment only. No warranty parts will be provided without a Purchase Order from Gaylord Industries, if financial reimbursement is to be requested.
- No warranty shall be provided on equipment that has been started up and in operation for more the 90 days unless, a product maintenance schedule has been created and performed per the requirements of this technical manual.
- Any, and all, wearable parts are not to be considered warranty items, regardless of installation date, unless previously authorized by the factory.
- Gaylord Industries must be promptly notified in writing upon discovery of any alleged deficiency with a detailed explanation of such alleged deficiencies and must be given a reasonable opportunity to investigate all claims to confirm such deficiencies are covered by this warranty.
- Gaylord Industries may update or replace this warranty from time to time, by posting the new warranty on its website, and such update or replacement will apply to all purchases made after the time of such update.